What: 21st Century Learning Skills & Engineer Design Process
Student learning environments are aligned with real world environments by integrating curriculum with 21st Century Learning Skills: Critical thinking and problem solving; communication; collaboration; creativity; innovation; life and career skills; and information, media and technology skills (GUSD, LCAP Goal 2).
Who: Grades 6th-1st
- 6th: 3D Printers, TinkerCad Design, Empathy Design Projects
- 5th: LEGOS Machines & Mechanisms, Programming Drones w/ Tickle
- 4th: Snap Circuits, LittleBits Electronic Building Blocks
- 3rd: Coding w/ Scratch (CS First)
- 2nd: Programming Dash & Dot Robots / Coding w/ Tickle
- 1st: Coding w/ Kodable ~~ (limited introduction)
How: Student Centered Learning / Teacher Supported Process
- Students engaged in critical thinking & problem solving
- Students creatively working on program goals, solutions
- Students always working in pairs, communication & collaboration is key
- Students engaging with I3 Thinking Journal on a weekly basis (or more), thinking is visible
- Teachers using effective questioning techniques to provide direction, not answers
- Teachers & Students enjoying learning through exploration!